Home and Contents

Protect the family home

A home and contents policy provides cover for your building and contents at a premier accidental damage level or an essentials listed events level.

Making sure you are covered sufficiently can be important, especially where you have specialty items or larger acreage.

As a broker we will discuss with you your insurance requirements and then source the best price for that cover. 

  • Buildings - this can include the home, sheds, irrigation and fencing
  • General Contents - this can include floating floors, carpets and general contents
  • Specified Contents - this is any specialty items that fall outside the insurers general guidelines

Our philosophy is to provide advice so that you can make an informed decision about the insurances you require.

Farm Packs

Farming/Hobby Farming insurance 

In the Territory there are some very unclear guidelines around larger residential acreage and the need to obtain a different type of insurance to make sure you are properly covered.

Most insurers have a 20,000 m2 limit on their land size for a home policy. If your property is larger than this, or you have animals, you may then need to have a farm type insurance to ensure you are properly insured.

Often these properties are assessed on a case by case basis.

Cover available under a farm pack includes:

  • Building and Contents
  • Farm machinery - tractors, mowers, trailers
  • Appropriate Liability cover for accident and injury
  • Fencing and irrigation
  • Power lines